Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Cleveland
Muddy trails, icy roads, and harsh weather conditions make bicycle accidents an unavoidable reality in Ohio. Cyclists are also, however, not always afforded the same care and consideration as other road users and many bicycle accidents are, unfortunately, the result of careless motorists and negligence from other parties. If this has happened to you, our bicycle accident lawyers in Cleveland can help you fight for compensation from the liable party.
The aftermath of a bicycle accident can completely alter the course of your life and derail your prospects. You may be left with severe injuries that require ongoing treatment and medical bills that are piling up. It is only normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed as financial pressures rise.
In the state of Ohio, you can file a personal injury claim against the liable party to try and recover all the economic and non-economic damages you have suffered as a result of the accident. Seeking legal advice should be a top priority after a bicycle accident.
Time is of the essence when filing a personal injury claim as evidence may be time-sensitive, eyewitnesses may become unavailable, the opposing party may try to dispute your claim, and the statute of limitations may expire. Enlisting the help of an experienced bicycle accident lawyer can help to relieve some of your stress as your attorney will handle all the logistics of your claim while you focus on your recovery.
At Obral, Silk & Pal, our seasoned bicycle accident attorneys in Cleveland have a proven track record of securing substantial settlements for our clients to help cover all of the accident-related losses they have suffered. Call us at 216-529-9377 to speak to one of our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers.
Why Should I Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Cleveland?
Filing a personal injury claim can be a relatively straightforward process if your injuries are minor and the liable party is willing to admit that they were at fault. If your injuries are more serious, however, more costs are involved, and you will be seeking a more substantial settlement to cover all the losses you have incurred. This is where a bicycle accident attorney can help.
The other party may try to deny liability and the insurer may try to dig up reasons to dispute your claim to reduce or deny you a fair settlement. This makes the claims process a lot more complex, time-consuming, and drawn out.
Having an experienced bicycle accident attorney with the knowledge and resources to effectively manage your claim for you may, therefore, be beneficial to the outcome of your claim. Here are some of the benefits of having a bicycle accident attorney in Cleveland on your case:
- Handle All Claim Logistics on Your Behalf: Compiling and filing a personal injury claim can be a tough and time-consuming job, especially while you are still trying to recover from your injuries. One misstep on your part can derail your claim. Having an attorney who is familiar with bicycle accident claims to help you to navigate the process can make your life a lot easier. Your attorney will have a good understanding of the process and can help you take the correct steps to protect your claim. Your attorney will ensure that all the strict deadlines are met, that the paperwork is completed correctly, and that all the necessary documents are gathered and submitted. Your attorney will try to make the process run as smoothly as possible so that you can be compensated for your losses as soon as possible to relieve the pressures on your finances.
- Gather Important Evidence: For a personal injury claim to be successful, strong and thorough evidence is required that proves causation, liability, and damages. You will also need to show that you did everything in your power to mitigate your damages, such as seeking immediate medical care, attending all your doctor’s appointments, and closely following your doctor’s orders. Your lawyer can help to retrieve other hard-to-access evidence, such as eyewitness accounts of the accident, surveillance footage of the scene of the accident, and expert witness testimony to back up your claim. This evidence could help to strengthen your claim, ward off unwarranted disputes from the insurer, and contribute to reaching a favorable outcome sooner.
- Have Knowledge of Proven Legal Strategies: Your bicycle accident attorney in Cleveland will be familiar with the types of strategies often used by insurers during the negotiation process to try to lowball claimants with inadequate settlements. Your attorney will in turn be able to implement proven legal strategies to try to negotiate a fair settlement for you and help you to succeed in your fight for fair compensation.
- Advise You on How to Avoid Common Mistakes: After the accident, it is very likely that your every move and word will be analyzed and scrutinized by the insurer who will be looking for even the smallest reason to dispute your claim. Your lawyer can, however, provide you with some useful advice on how to protect your claim and avoid common mistakes. Some advice may include receiving immediate medical care, following your doctor’s orders closely, going to all your follow-up doctor’s appointments, and refraining from using social media until your case is resolved.
- Litigate Your Case in Court: Most personal injury claims can be settled outside of court, but if you are seeking a substantial settlement, the insurer may find a way to dispute and deny your claim. You may then choose to file a lawsuit to further seek fair compensation for your damages. Your case may eventually go to trial. Having an attorney to litigate your case in court may be beneficial to the outcome of your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Bicycle Accident Attorney
With our expertise, resources, and proven legal strategies, we will help you to fight for fair compensation for all the losses you have suffered. Call us today at 216-529-9377 or fill out our online contact form for a free initial consultation and case assessment with a bicycle accident attorney in Cleveland today.